Thread: Prepping progskeet 1.2

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prepping progskeet 1.2

I just recently received progskeet and doing the prep work for first use of many

For now there is 2 things on my mind.. first is regarding the supplied voltage
    I called a tech shop for special external 3.3v supply.. and got question about
    how much amp there has to be... any1 here wise on that ?

Also
    Seems I'm reading a lot of posts.. about progskeet 1.2 is unable to
    flash NOR? can somebody clarify this for me

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Prepping progskeet 1.2

Yes NOR writing is a crap shoot ... I believe maybe 1-2 people under the exact right conditions (drivers, USB controller, the force) have been able to write NOR with the 1.2.... I personally hooked one up last night, and while I can get good solid Dumps from it, it freezes when writing or just pretends to write and doesn't actually write anything.

Now to answer about powering , there is a post on the Ps3Devwiki about this but I will tell you how I did it , and how I got it to consistently HALT the tristate so i could use the NOR.

Powering : Easy method.

Wire up your skeet, all but the 3.3v wire, attach the PSU to the PS3 and turn it on so the red light is on in front , plug in the skeet to your pc, power on the Ps3, unplug the skeet and then plug it right back in and it should be ready.
    R00T

Knowledge Base
    Downloads
    Uploads

THANKS juggahaxor i do it and it solve my problem

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a lot for this quick answer!

I clearly understand the powering procedure you described
    For my past experience with E3 flasher which really made me want to tear my hair off
    trying to get the clip fitting perfectly while also reassembly the machine while
    all the connection are holding 100% heh..

So my thought was I could skip the assembly part with progskeet if I used
    alien external 3.3v power supply (since the plan is using progskeet A LOT
    and I need to utilize all method to makes this progress as quick as possible)

I called the shop again, and the power supply he told me about earlier today was
    0.5 amp and sold out.. But he told me instead I could buy 2 different units, one 220 to 12v, another 12v to 3.3v
    and with those two I would end up with solid 3.3v 2 amp

I have looked around, A lot of info indeed but I just can't find this exact bit about the amp anywhere

Again Thanks in advance