Thread: Dump Wii NAND with Progskeet 1.2

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Dump Wii NAND with Progskeet 1.2

hello,

I bought a progskeet 1.2 with pcb adapter and a 48 pin nand clip.
    With Infectus Programmer I flashed the newest bitstream from here: http://www.progskeet.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=13&t=4231
    After that I soldered the two cables (3,3v and GND) from Progskeet to the pcb adapter.

Before connecting the clip to the wii nand, I test the Progskeet with winskeet if there are any short circuits. The result is ok, no short circuits.
    Then I connect the clip to the wii nand und try to autodetect the nand chip in winskeet.
    The identified id in winskeet is always different and "unknown".

I tried both nand chips samsung and hynix.

Does anybody has the same problem or a tip or a solution for me?

Regards,
    Sizco

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Dump Wii NAND with Progskeet 1.2

Hi Sizco,

I tried the same and came to the conclusion that the 360 clips don't really fit onto the WII's NAND. Using Winskeet Auto Detect I only got 1 out 10 recognitions with the clip. I ended up soldering directly from the progskeet 1.2 board onto the chip and now it works.

suxxi

Downloads
    Uploads

The Clips are known for not being that great in quality look for caps and resistors around the NAND blocking the clip from seating correctly and shave plastic from the clip as needed to make it fit over them.... If that doesn't work, you will need to just solder to the NAND legs, or look for alternate points, I don't know if they exist or not...
    R00T

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I've done and learned so far:

• Windows Digital Driver Signature must be disabled inorder to install progskeet and injectus USB drivers.
    • Only the Winskeet software can be used together with Progskeet 1.2
    • You cannot use Progskeet as power supply if the chip is still on the mainboard. The board draws too much power and fries the voltage regulator on the slave board.
    • Use any ATX PC power supply to power the NAND. Orange 3.3V goes directly to the NAND pin, black GND can be soldered to the board (BTW: you need to connect the ATX's green wire to another black wire (GND) in order to turn it on).
    • Winskeet Auto Detect should detect the NAND every time. Reading and verifying takes under a second for each block.

This is my setup:

Name:  wii_progskeet_atx.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  99.6 KBName:  wii_progskeet_nand.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  105.2 KB

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

I finally succeeded! This is what I learned:

1. I downgraded the Bitstream to 0031 October 2012. Flashing with the 2121 December Bitstream was not possible (that was a bummer to find out).
    2. I ended up using 0.3 mm braided wire instead of the single thread 0.17 mm copper wire I used initially (picture in the previous post). I cut 5 of the hair thin internal wires off in order to have more space between the pins.
    3. I used lots and lots of flux! Only when wire and pin were drenged, I could solder them together by briefly touching them with the soldering iron.
    4. I started with wires 12 to 15 cm long, but this caused single byte read errors. Flashing worked though. Cutting the wires down to 9 to 11 cm solved the read error.
    5. I used the 3.3V and ground of an old ATX power supply. 3.3V directly to the NAND, GND to the mainboard. (The Progskeet doesn't supply enough amps in order to power the NAND on the board. DON'T TRY THIS as it will fry your Progskeet Slave Board).

My WII is back, what great experience!

suxxi

Name:  skeet_shorter_wires_1.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  101.8 KB

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could you please specify what are the settings in Winskeet to read/write nands on Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by suxxi View Post
    I finally succeeded! This is what I learned:

[LIST=1][*]I downgraded the Bitstream to 0031 October 2012. Flashing with the 2121 December Bitstream was not possible (that was a bummer to find out).

Name:  skeet_shorter_wires_1.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  101.8 KB

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

When hooked up correctly the auto detect button will fill in the correct settings. If auto detect doesn't show the correct name of the nand, then there is still a hardware issue.

Good luck

suxxi

Downloads
    Uploads

When hooked up correctly the auto detect button will fill in the correct settings. If auto detect doesn't show the correct name of the nand, then there is still a hardware issue.

Good luck

suxxi
    i thought everything on the wii was done via software.
    i didnt realise there was a need for hardware flashing

could you explain what happened to the wii in order to have the need for hardware flashing and what you did with the dump before it was flashed back.

this is a real interest for me. something i can learn from

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

could you explain what happened to the wii
    A corrupted NAND from playing around with soft modding prevents the WII from booting. The only way out of this mess is to flash a backup with for example progskeet. You can google a lot about this. Sorry for not answering any further questions in the near future, as I am pretty busy right now.

suxxi

Downloads
    Uploads

A corrupted NAND from playing around with soft modding prevents the WII from booting. The only way out of this mess is to flash a backup with for example progskeet. You can google a lot about this. Sorry for not answering any further questions in the near future, as I am pretty busy right now.

suxxi
    wow nice
    so your just going to take & go then!
    i'm not part of progskeet you know. i come in and help people that need help.
    i have a buisuness to run and that can get really busy at times but i still come and help.

so nice that your not to busy to get help and ask your questions but as soon as your problems are sorted you go.

but i wont be searching in google as i was asking more to wrap this thread up.

by knowing what had happened and then the steps you took to solve this would then have helped others that may find themselves in the same situation.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did answer your question, didn't I? I think I also spent a lot of time documenting my progress as well as sharing my learnings on the way in this and in other forums. I help as much as I can but I don't like to get peoples hope up. I will come back now or then and I will also be glad to help (now or then) but I won't be able to join lengthy discussions, that's all.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, everyone. I have problems with power on Wii NAND Samsung 916 K9F4G08U0B PCG5. Someone please HELP. I did what "suxxi" said, I use ATX PC power supply but every time I connect ATA to wall power it won't start and don't give any power (12V, 5V, 3.3V). Fan in ATA do not work. When I disconnect 3.3V from the nand it works but nand is not power on. I have powered on Wii directly to the wall power and it always give me 3.3V on the NAND. What is wrong and what should I do to properly power this nand? Please help!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gogus View Post
    Hi, everyone. I have problems with power on Wii NAND Samsung 916 K9F4G08U0B PCG5. Someone please HELP. I did what "suxxi" said, I use ATX PC power supply but every time I connect ATA to wall power it won't start and don't give any power (12V, 5V, 3.3V). Fan in ATA do not work. When I disconnect 3.3V from the nand it works but nand is not power on. I have powered on Wii directly to the wall power and it always give me 3.3V on the NAND. What is wrong and what should I do to properly power this nand? Please help!!
    you have a short on the clip

the atx has a safty cut out when this happens thats why its dead when the wires are connected.

this short is probably why powering via prog doesnt work also

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by baileyscream View Post
    you have a short on the clip

the atx has a safty cut out when this happens thats why its dead when the wires are connected.

this short is probably why powering via prog doesnt work also
    Ofcourse I meant ATX not ATA, sorry. Thank you for reply. You mean that the nand has a short inside and it is defective. So, there is no way to program it. I have to change NAND for a new one? Am I right? I have tried this with 360 clip and without. I had the same results, no power to the nand. What is wrong? I had connected 5V and 12V to the mother board with no problems but only when I connect 3.3V to the nand or near the nand where the 3.3V should be - ATX stops work.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found some time ago on the internet these 2 photos with alternative points for the installation INFECTUS in WII. I thank the author of the photos because they could recover with 1 Wii that was a long time still. Who wants to rely on it to weld Progskeet is easier than soldering directly on nand. Lucky for you guys friends.Forgive my English translated with google.
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2029/wiinandv1.jpg
    http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/24/wiinand.jpg
    Name:  wiinand.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  104.1 KBName:  wiinandv1.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  97.6 KB

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeantonio2006 View Post
    I found some time ago on the internet these 2 photos with alternative points for the installation INFECTUS in WII. I thank the author of the photos because they could recover with 1 Wii that was a long time still. Who wants to rely on it to weld Progskeet is easier than soldering directly on nand. Lucky for you guys friends.Forgive my English translated with google.
    Actually is easier to solder on nand, as the pins are easier to follow and harder to break instead of the little pads/holes.
    Good that you atached picture here, as these files are disapearing from internet once with the infectus web; since the progskeet was launched.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have this wii which is already full bricked.I have the correct dump and wiikey,examined with wiinandv0.2. So tried multiple times using progskeet 1.2 dumping and writing.The cip is Samsung recognised with Winskeet 111205 as ECDC 109554 which seems to be corect.But it can be recognised only powering the mobo with the wii power brick and in the same time the vcc point conected to 3,3 v point from skeet.Did not get recognised in winskeet with Atx or just progskeet.But the most bigger issue is after flashing and get to verifing it giving me just errors.Tried already different bitstreams used the nand clip or wires conected directly to the nand ,always same problem when it get to verify.Any ideeas?Thanx.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shorten your wires ... It also may be fine, I don't know how accurate the verification is in winskeet.
    R00T

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by salomon890 View Post
    I have this wii which is already full bricked.I have the correct dump and wiikey,examined with wiinandv0.2. So tried multiple times using progskeet 1.2 dumping and writing.The cip is Samsung recognised with Winskeet 111205 as ECDC 109554 which seems to be corect.But it can be recognised only powering the mobo with the wii power brick and in the same time the vcc point conected to 3,3 v point from skeet.Did not get recognised in winskeet with Atx or just progskeet.But the most bigger issue is after flashing and get to verifing it giving me just errors.Tried already different bitstreams used the nand clip or wires conected directly to the nand ,always same problem when it get to verify.Any ideeas?Thanx.
    Use Windows XP, fresh installed if possible For Wii you can use the power from USB (worked for me), wires from Progskeet to board (or clip) thicker, stranded. If you didn't use differential flashing and NAND got fully erased, you have to take it step by step....select the nand in the first TAB of Winskeet,press AUTO on NAND TAB, try to flash (it should READ, ERASE, FLASH, VERIFY).....it ens when it says "Nothing to flash". If it stucks at writing, then you have to restart from scratch