Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: program squirt 1.2

Downloads
    Uploads

program squirt 1.2

hi I have been searching about and this seems to be the only site that seems to deal directly with the squirt 360.

my question is I bought the squirt 1.2 VGA from Mr modchips to glitch my corona.

now me being me didn't do all the reading I should of and just assumed I could program it with my nand x.

after plenty of searching I now no this is not the case so I have an xilinx lpt cable I have borrowed. is it possible to program the squirt with this and which is the best program or do I need the squirt programmer. any help much appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: program squirt 1.2

I had a similar scenario...bought bga 1.2 but already had a programmer from another brand. Nand-x has jtag interface as far as I know...squirt bga 1.2 has the jtag pads to connect the programmer to...so it should work. As for the program to use, UrJTAG is the program used to program the squirt bga...I havent gotten much luck with other programs so dont waste time messing with others. Just make sure you connect the correct wires to to correct pads on the bga and good power to the bga chip.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by knowlzy10 View Post
    hi I have been searching about and this seems to be the only site that seems to deal directly with the squirt 360.

my question is I bought the squirt 1.2 VGA from Mr modchips to glitch my corona.

now me being me didn't do all the reading I should of and just assumed I could program it with my nand x.

after plenty of searching I now no this is not the case so I have an xilinx lpt cable I have borrowed. is it possible to program the squirt with this and which is the best program or do I need the squirt programmer. any help much appreciated
    If you have the LPT programming cable you can use xilinx labtools to program it , you would have to poke wires into the plug for connector or rig up a pin header to attach to the Jtag connection on the Squirt
    R00T

Downloads
    Uploads

thnx for the replies I will give that a go later. not used it before but can certainly sort a pin header out and give it a try

Downloads
    Uploads

is impact easy to use and also is it the lpt points on top of the chip or the points under the chip.that I need to Solder the wires to. cheers. just i notice there are 5 points under the board minus vcc, and 6 lpt points on top of the chip, just grabbing lab tools now so ill find a tut on using that

Downloads
    Uploads

id don't seem to be reckognizing the chip in impact get this error

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  88.6 KB

this is how i have it setup

Name:  20120812_130543.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  93.6 KB

in urjtag i'm getting TDO seems stuck at 1

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the power to the chip. If that power supply works like mine it doesnt provide power on 3.3 v line unless "dvd drive detected"...in other words once feedback detects dvd drive 3.3v pin will be "live" check the pics...re-try UrJTAG

Name:  120812_114129.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  90.6 KBName:  120812_114229.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  88.2 KBName:  120812_114315.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  92.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the info, made a new cable with spare dvd power lead but still same results as previous, tested the squirt was getting power with multi meter and all is fine there.

i don't want to purchase the programmer if its the chip but i'm not gonna no at the moment cause lpt dont appear to be working

Name:  20120812_181555.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  93.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by emptyed View Post
    i'll pick up programer for it,i'll check it programs all glitch chips,then i lend it you,as you having no luck with the cable mate ok...just need to find uk that dose a good deal as i need couple of other bits..
    Are you the same emptyed from the #rgloader IRC channel? I forget what problem you had but did it ever get fixed? If not I have a possible solution PM me if you still need help with it.
    R00T

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll allow the hijack seen as its your forum lol

but to answer your question yeah that's him last I heard he was messing with boot animations but it wouldn't boot to dash or something along them lines.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll allow the hijack seen as its your forum lol

but to answer your question yeah that's him last I heard he was messing with boot animations but it wouldn't boot to dash or something along them lines.
    I was hoping someone from Squirt would come and answer it , I have a slave programmer but I guess I should just once hook it up the old way and figure out how to do it ... I would try attaching to the pads on the bottom of the Squirt , and also only atach VCC to the pad on the LPT line ...

with UrJtag I don't know the command off the top of my head but there is a specific command to invoke programming with LPT, you just specify the LPT port and it should flash it ... so you would need to get the port number first it may be able to auto try the ports I'm not sure about that... Impact can be a custerfuck to try and use just to program a single chip.
    R00T

Downloads
    Uploads

I was kinda hoping it was the lpt cable. been a nightmare trying to program this. my own fault for not reading the full spec.

I will get it in my corona eventually, at first I tried with nand x to the points on the bottom of the chip, for some reason no vcc point underside of chip. when that wouldn't work I started searching and found the nand x couldn't be used to program it.

that's when emptyed sent me his lpt cable to try, I have soldered it to lpt points on top of board 3.3 from ck3 pro to the vcc and ground on topside of board. I don't mind having to get the programmer as I have read I can program other brands with it, if that's the case I would sell my nand x.

my only concern is the longer I leave it if it turns out to be maybe a problem with the squirt bga then not sure how long the warranty with Mr modchips is. I'm not saying there is a fault just speculating.

anyway thnx for your help and as far as I'm aware emptyed has not solved the problem he was on irc about on Friday night

Downloads
    Uploads

Well it depends on how long ago you purchased it , I don't know the return policy with MrModchips but they are a reputable place from what I gather ... I am U.S based so I don't order from there ... Have you tried UrJtag and the LPT commands?
    R00T

Downloads
    Uploads

I have followed the read me that came with urjtag. was one for USB and one for parallel cable. after I typed detect would get an error somewhere along the lines of TDO seems stuck at 1.

I purchased it no more than 3 weeks ago possibly less. just a shame nand x don't work for whatever reason, I no the x360pro v5 I got was programmed within seconds.

if it comes to it I can pick a squirt programmer up for 16 plus delivery so might come to that!

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have followed the read me that came with urjtag. was one for USB and one for parallel cable. after I typed detect would get an error somewhere along the lines of TDO seems stuck at 1.

I purchased it no more than 3 weeks ago possibly less. just a shame nand x don't work for whatever reason, I no the x360pro v5 I got was programmed within seconds.

if it comes to it I can pick a squirt programmer up for 16 plus delivery so might come to that!
    why u don't use nand X with LPT pins on BGA 1.2 ?

on BGA 1.2 there are VCC , GND , TDI , TDK, TDO and TMS

and nand x need this points like this pix

Name:  1342841359_1.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  SQUIRT-JTAG-NANDX.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  90.1 KB

So VCC >>> Red wire
    GND >>> Black wire
    TCK >>> Yellow wire
    TDO >>> Blue wire
    TDI >>> White wire
    TMS >>> Green wire

Downloads
    Uploads

if I have read correctly and I done a fair share of reading on this topic. you can use the nand x on the green squirt but not the black.

can't remember the exact reason I read but I'll find it but now my beds calling

also if you look at the back of the 1.2 squirt there is no vcc. thanks for the help but I'm positive it won't work

Head Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

YEs squirt has on the back the JTAG pads, and also squirt has integrated all the circuit for the LPT so in fact is necessary only an LPT port to do the connection.
    The programming is possible with urJTAG then, please check DIAGRAM COLLECTION on our website support page

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by info@squirt360.com View Post
    YEs squirt has on the back the JTAG pads, and also squirt has integrated all the circuit for the LPT so in fact is necessary only an LPT port to do the connection.
    The programming is possible with urJTAG then, please check DIAGRAM COLLECTION on our website support page
    tried that with xilinx lpt cable get TDO stuck at 1, squirt programmer ordered i just hope that solves my issue.

just one question though, when trying to program should there be any kind of power led showing on the chip like it does on the coolrunner or x360pro v5? just when connected there is no led lighting up, thnx

Head Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry guys I didnt read the whole thread before.

TDO STUCK error 99% is related a faulty squirt chip. It happens when the main IC is not correctly solder to the pcb.
    In some cases with a heater is possible to try resolder it by pressing on the ic during you heat it (is a bga).

Regarding programming of squirt nandpro, nandx etc never added the support of xilinx bga to their software so is impossible to use them.. In the picture u see squirt green that has a standard xilinx ic.

Anyway we suggest to buy squirt programmer for these simply reasons:
    - double fast then nandx
    - can do same thinx that nandx, so any xilinx chip programming and all x360 spi nand supported
    - is an open platform and sure soon new softwares will be available (post bus sniffer etc)
    - is half price then a nandx
    - is full integrated with fcc cable with squirt

So I think is time to sell on ebay your nandx and buy a more up to date solution

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply. Squirt programmer has been ordered. I'll keep nand x for time been.

If I'm still getting any errors once the programmer arrives then do you think that if I have had it 3 weeks but never been fitted obviously that Mr modchips will replace the chip.

Obviously I will no more in next few days once programmer arrives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast