Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Winskeet + Bitstream 1.2

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Winskeet + Bitstream 1.2

Ok so I've been working hard on this (like every hour of almost every single day since the last release) and frankly I can't remember every single modification I've made, but briefly:

+ Added speed indicator
    + HIGHLY improved single word flashing
    + Added hardware data polling (this was a tough one, even I have to tap my shoulder for this; oh, and it uses this by default)
    + Both NAND and NOR are in one bitstream now (!!!)
    + No more pullups needed (!!! WICKED, INNIT THO !!!)
    + Reverted to libusb-win32 because it gives me less shit, but depending on feedback, I'll add libusb0
    + did I mention it's fucking fast? it's going to become even faster, I just wanted to keep my promise, somewhat, of releasing within the next 24h
    + tooltips (can't remember if it was in the last release?)

130713:
    + buffer write works, about 70 seconds for 16MB spansion (which used to require 15 minutes!)
    + updated bitstream

130715:
    + buffer write and single word improved, I write an entire 16MB nor, buffer write, in about 40 seconds (not including read and erase, duhhhhhhhhh), 3 seconds per sector for single word (spansion is very fast now too)
    + AUTODETECT OF THE NOR!!!! just click "dump CFI"[/COLOR]

130721:
    + NAND works PERFECT now:
    + last bitstream before final release
    + progskeet core was rewritten and command set reimplemented in qt (hence the lack of releases in almost a week)
    + versioning added (it will check if you are using the appropriate bitstream, which is located in /bitstream)
    + use of files to load presets (instead of using the box on the first page)... nand is still in the making, so I left the first box as-is for now
    + CFI for NOR works however, presets include most popular NORs but you can also save them (click "Dump CFI" and then "yes" when you are asked to save. put them in /cfi/)
    + handshakes implemented (goodbye timeouts! might, but doesn't have to, make it slower though... on the other hand, this might enable calibration for specific computers/chipsets )
    + usb core had a bug where it would just keep writing to fifo regardless of full or not, but this has been fixed
    + SPI flashing added! (will only be available once I release it for every platform though)

I'm still building the bitstreams for 1.0 (white), 1.1 (blue), 1.2 alpha (green, if you've been naughty enough to get one) SO BE PATIENT, MY PROMISE STILL STANDS. It's also coming to Linux and Mac, don't worry!
    The command line will have to wait a bit longer, I just can't be bothered with it right now (so much other shit I need to take care of first).

If there is any problem WHATSOEVER, please let me know.

I haven't added the bit yet where it tells you which lines might be out of order but I will as soon as I manage to get it working reliably.
    NAND, due to the promise of releasing within 24 hours, couldn't be fully tested, so I'd appreciate if, only if problems arise, you could detail the problems as much as possible.

Also, regarding my absence: all of this testing takes a lot of time, even more so than school, so I didn't have time to come on IRC or twitter.
    I'll be more active on twitter from now on: @uf6667

BIG THANKS TO TITTY FROM CONSOLEOPEN FOR SENDING ME A PROGSKEET FULLY SOLDERED

- uf6667

[21/07/2013] UPDATE: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kss22d

If you wish to donate:

bitcoin: 1FQFP4MR8iE8kKGsesx3s9iuK8BFCycJxr
    litecoin: LVKqYs8dowxfwg8XzkxnPvjycKM29j7k92
    Last edited by _uf6667_; 07-20-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: New Winskeet + Bitstream 1.2

Is this going to actually allow the skeet 1.2 - black - to actually be usable for both reading/writing nand and nor? or is it going to continue to sit around and do nothing?

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

I swear it works fine, I can make a video if you like

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by _uf6667_ View Post
    I swear it works fine, I can make a video if you like
    Is there limitations based on 32/64 os? Drive limitation? I would love to be able to use it.

Thanks.

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by M0j0j0 View Post
    Is there limitations based on 32/64 os? Drive limitation? I would love to be able to use it.

Thanks.
    I use win7 x64

to clarify: uninstall any prior drivers and install using the installer in the "Drivers" subfolder
    also update the bitstream first

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

There's a bug in WinSkeet. You should add at least a vertical scroll-bar, because if you use a small monitor, such as a laptop one, you cannot see the most bottom options, even if you maximize the window.

Thank you for your work. My NOR memory chips are in good hands (I'm Titty's friend).

If you resolve this little bug, I'll test NAND with zif socket tsop48 and I'll let you know.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oooooooo nice! I am going to test it in these days. Thanks

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeruel85 View Post
    Hi!

There's a bug in WinSkeet. You should add at least a vertical scroll-bar, because if you use a small monitor, such as a laptop one, you cannot see the most bottom options, even if you maximize the window.
    this is my problem too am using win7 32 bit only the bottom part where you adjust the settings on bottom options can't see...

and also when programming new BitStream it always ACTEL_SLOG_UROW = FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 FF FF
    and i dont know if this is normal too...

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by swensonb View Post
    this is my problem too am using win7 32 bit only the bottom part where you adjust the settings on bottom options can't see...

and also when programming new BitStream it always ACTEL_SLOG_UROW = FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 FF FF
    and i dont know if this is normal too...
    I am trying to add a scrollbar but it's somehow not working... maybe better to make it broader, rather than longer?

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why not...

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeruel85 View Post
    Why not...
    alright will do, thanks a lot for the NORs btw, I really appreciate it

the sigrow don't worry about it, as long as it programs and is recognized by the computer, it's all good

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

alright will do, thanks a lot for the NORs btw, I really appreciate it
    You're welcome.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

wide is cool...will look different than the past gui...will wait for it
    thanks uf6667

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im getting a lot of random crashes and i cannot get this to write without freezing on a 1.21 flashed new stream and updated the drivers after uninstalling the old ones, still nothing.

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by demonspride View Post
    Im getting a lot of random crashes and i cannot get this to write without freezing on a 1.21 flashed new stream and updated the drivers after uninstalling the old ones, still nothing.
    how? are you using the driver supplied? and is it nor or nand? I need more details

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

okay the link is broken .. btw nice update uf ! .. and for demonspride .. check the wiring and use and old laptop .. the old bitstream worked only this way..

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

how? are you using the driver supplied? and is it nor or nand? I need more details
    Im using the drivers you just posted with the winskeet and bitstream you just posted, im trying to write Nor Spansion S29GL128P90TFIR2, the only way i can get it to not freeze is by using USB Transfer timing, but after it finishes, which takes hours, it's just garbled output, and does not verify at all, i've used bot short wire method and the QSB neither would write correctly.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

and im using win7 x64 but i've tried a dozen computers, even a vaio desktop with a 1.6Ghz pentium 4 and 256mb of ram, using winxp pro.

Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really? Dozens?

Please try again:

1) extract the rar file
    2) flash bitstream in /Bitstreams/
    3) plug in the progskeet. That's the black slaveboard
    4) uninstall driver
    5) install driver in /Drivers/ and if it asks "Are you sure?" You click yes
    6) launch winskeet
    7) disconnect and reconnect usb cable
    8) dump CFI

If that gives you any error, you're not following the procedure correctly

If it's slow, choose another usb port and remove as many usb devices as possible.

Despite seeing "static timing" or "data polling" or "ready triggered timing"... It's placebo - I've done it intentionally to weed out the hypochondriacs. Despite of being able to select either of them, data polling (on hardware, making it almost as fast as write buffer) is always active.

n00b
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really? Dozens?

Please try again:

1) extract the rar file
    2) flash bitstream in /Bitstreams/
    3) plug in the progskeet. That's the black slaveboard
    4) uninstall driver
    5) install driver in /Drivers/ and if it asks "Are you sure?" You click yes
    6) launch winskeet
    7) disconnect and reconnect usb cable
    8) dump CFI

If that gives you any error, you're not following the procedure correctly

If it's slow, choose another usb port and remove as many usb devices as possible.

Despite seeing "static timing" or "data polling" or "ready triggered timing"... It's placebo - I've done it intentionally to weed out the hypochondriacs. Despite of being able to select either of them, data polling (on hardware, making it almost as fast as write buffer) is always active.
    i feel a bit hurt that you think im that much of a noob, i can get it to dump CFI perfectly, Even dump the entire flash, but writing always has a problem, and yes i do mean dozens when i say dozens, trust me i have plenty of PC's to spare, i've tried installing and reinstalling and removing everything from my usb except the progskeet and still, write will freeze or just not write at all.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast